Merksemse Taxi Centrale
Merksemse Taxi Centrale is owned and operated by A-Taxi .
Information we collect
- E-mail Address. Your email address will primarily be used to confirm or contact you regarding your booking. Our integrated contact form will enable us to respond on the provided email address.
- Phone/Mobile NumberOur drivers may contact you to enquire information regarding your location, time, date or respond to a question you may have sent via our contact form.
- First Name, Last Name.We will ask our users to enter their First and Last Name so we can address them by their name and we can associate their name to the booking. Our users name also gives us the opportunity to address them correctly when contacting via email or phone.
- Pick up locationOur drivers will need this information in order to plan and know at which pickup location we will need to arrive to initiate the Taxi trip.
- End DestinationThe end location will give us time to plan the journey and avoid any foreseen occurrences to slow your trip.
Information Gathering and Usage
- A-Taxi collects information from users to provide a taxi service.
- We will use your information to provide you with ground transportation and/or courier services.
- We will also create records of bookings and to send you booking acknowledgments, confirmations, receipts and invoices.
- We collect information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- If A-taxi is acquired by another company, we share your information with the new company holder. Before this procedure is executed, we will notify all users.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in the European Union, you are entitled to the following rights with regard to your personal information and data.
- Right of access to your personal data, to know what information about you we hold.
- Right to correct any incorrect or incomplete personal data about yourself that we hold
- Right to restrict/suspend our processing of your personal data
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority if you believe your privacy rights are being violated
- Additional rights that may apply to you in certain instances.
- Right of data portability (if our processing is based on consent and automated means).
- Right to withdraw consent at any time (if processing is based on consent).
- Right to object to processing (if processing is based on legitimate interests).
- Right to object to processing of personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Right of erasure of your personal data from our system (“right to be forgotten”) if certain grounds are met.
A-Taxi may update this policy if changes occur to the way we gather, use, or handle your information. Any changes we will make to this policy will be posted on this page.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- We currently don’t use any cookies but may do so in the future.
We use third party hosting providers and companies to operate our online presence and ensure an efficient transportation service is provided to you. The code is owned by us but the database, network and storage is provided by third party vendors. You have all GDPR right regarding your data and we comply to all requests regarding personal information.
The security of your personal data
The exchange of information between the internet and email is fully secure. We do and will continue to do our best to safeguard personal information , we cannot guarantee the security of your information exchanged through the Websites, Apps, over email or via our contact centres. Any information is provided is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data against loss, theft and unauthorised use, access or modification.
We will, from time to time, host links to and from the websites of our affiliates or third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, these websites will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to those websites.
A-taxi may share you information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organisations if necessary. Reasons my include the following.
- To comply the legal obligations, processes, requests.
- Address and prevent address security, fraud or technical issues.
- Protect the rights and safety of our users by sharing information to public or third party companies for the purpose of fraud protection and credit risk deduction.
EU and Swiss Safe Harbor
If you choose to provide A-Taxi with your information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in Europe as dictated by the GDPR.